The scan to email feature is one of the handiest when it comes to Xerox software solutions, providing effortless convenience to your employees. Here is a useful guide to assist you in setting it up successfully:
What You Need to Know
The scan to email feature is one of the most user-friendly features that a multifunction printer can provide. To ensure that it is working as it should, you will need to do the following:
- Get hold of the IP address or host name for your SMTP server. If you do not have this information on hand, get in touch with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or System Administrator for assistance.
- Then, you will need to input the appropriate SMTP authentication information. You may once again need to get in touch with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or System Administrator to find out which authentication method your SMTP server requires. Usually, it will be one of two:
- SMTP Authentication, or
- POP before SMTP.
If You Run into Any Issues Along the Way…
Keep these troubles shooting tips in mind:
- Double check that the printer has been configured using the right SMTP server address. If you’re unsure, you may want to chat to your ISP to verify;
- Also, be sure to check if you are using the correct port number;
- Lastly, you may also want to check whether the printer has been configured using the correct DNS server address.
If there are still problems, get in touch with a Xerox software solutions specialist for assistance.
At Bytes Document Solutions, we specialise in Xerox software solutions in South Africa.